The She Who Sews 2021 wall calendar is decorated with monthly artwork of charismatic seamstresses and playful titles for each month’s image by Janet Wecker-Frisch. LANG wall calendars feature monthly full color images, elegant linen embossed paper stock, and a brass grommet for hanging.
Hello to everyone at home. And sewing?
If you ever thought of making one of our large scale
She Who Sews
series for your studio, now would be a good time. Patterns are
in the shop through May!
And we have fabric kits (limited supply) for
as she originally appears on the pattern cover using our
and a few basics plus a Paris version using my
fabrics from Riley Blake Designs. Both collections are available in shops now.
I am making her up in the later currently and for the first time ever actually and, I’m liking!!
Fabric background back story below.
• Back story on the background text fabric is that the text was inspired by a little antique children’s book of prayers, in French! Sew sweet. Although I cannot interpret them, I was pleased to make this a part of the Couturiere Parisienne collection in lieu of my standard snippets of scripture. Parfait!
I’m sure we all agree that we are still in such a strange time but keep creating is my plan. And praying. It helps, right?!
Au revoir mon ami!
Announcing our first
We tried to keep it S I M P L E so, here’s how to play. Details to participate in the challenge are listed below:
• Anyone who sews (or non-sew project) and is among the first 30 to sign up.
• Anyone who can email us a photo of your finished project or projects.
• Anyone who will share this on your Facebook page (if you have) & your blog (if you have).
1. Sign up by April 25, 2014 with an email to email@example.com and comment to this post – Accepting the first 30
2. Make any item (s) of your choice using one (total) or more yards of the “She Who Sews” fabrics (collection from Quilting Treasures – available in quilt shops & on line)
3. Use two “She Who Sews” fat quarters – We provide
4. Also (must) use at least 2 more cuts (skus), your choice, of the “She Who Sews” fabrics, in any increments, totaling an additional 1/2 yard or more – You purchase
5. To be eligible/entered for the participant giveaway/drawing, you must email photo(s) of finished project(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26, 2014
Steps to Sign Up:
• To become a participant you must be among the first 30 to sign up
• Email us your name, address and blog address (if applicable) to receive 2 free “She Who Sews” fat quarters – To email@example.com
• All Email’s subject line should read: Handmaids Giveaway Challenge
1.) All Participants – Receive two “She Who Sews” fat quarters – Just for signing up, to get you started.
2.) 3 Winners By Random Drawing to Participants only, can win:
• Plus a “She Who Sews” panel – Large patch, small patch or chalk board signs patch!
A $95.00 value!
3.) Non Participants can play too! To be entered to win a “She Who Sews” Panel, simply leave a comment here on this blog! 3 winners will be chosen by random drawing.
Winners announced May 30, 2014
So, create a play date with us and let’s have fun with the
“SHE WHO SEWS” fabrics.
Welcome & wow!
What an honor for our very own “She Who Sews” fabric collection to be the featured fabric for this Sewing Room Blog Hop.
If this is your first visit to the Joy Studio, please have a look around and tell us what you like to create, especially using your She Who Sews fabric.
To learn about the creation of Handmaids™ and the art process in the beginning stages, I invite you to join (like) us on the Handmaids Facebook page or click the like button to the right in side bar. Also visit Handmaids.com where you can sign up for our newsletter and receive regular product updates. And please, be sure to get in on our GIVEAWAYS! One is here on the Joy Studio blog, simply comment to enter and one on Facebook’s HANDMAIDSGreatJoyStudios, for a like and comment telling us so, you will be entered. Both offers are for a She Who Sews fabric fat quarter bundle and a canvas wrap, wall art piece. If you already like Handmaids™ on FB, just a comment will work. Winners will be announced on FB February 7th.
I was certainly privileged to collaborate with four friends on our contribution to the She Who Sews Blog Hop. Together we designed and created several items, pincushion & paperdoll pillows for the comfy couch in our Joy Studio and others to wear. Allow me to introduce these skilled sewers and quilters, through their beautiful projects listed below.
Nancy McClellan (Construction & Quilting)
Sew n Sew
• Paperdoll Throw
Diane O’Shea (Piecing & Quilting)
• Mommie, Dollie & Me – Dress for Mommie, Daughter, Dollie & Bag
by Amber Martin – These items offered at:
Bullfrogs ‘N’ Fireflies
• Wrapped Canvas Wall Art
by me, J. Wecker Frisch
Tidings of Great Joy, LLC
It has been a privilege and pleasure, to see our very first collection in the Handmaids™ series, She Who Sews, featured in the Sewing Room Blog Hop. Thank you Carla & all of the Blog Cheerleaders for inviting and supporting me. And a sincere thanks, to all of you, for stopping in. Please don’t forget to leave us a comment (to be entered in our giveaway). I would truly enjoy hearing from you.
I am also excited to get hopping on, to see what the other bloggers (listed below) have made from the She Who Sews fabric collection to share:
Fabric is in!
Now, considering projects for the next Create Play Date &
the She Who Sews Blog Hop in January.